12.03.19 OWIMS Professional Development Course: Attending to Transitions in a World of Professional Demands, Personal Expectations, and (Let’s Not Forget) Inner Yearnings
The Offices of Women in Medicine and Science and Continuing Medical Education cordially invite you to join us for a presentation of our 2019-2020 Professional Development Series.
- Identify typical stages of professional and personal development seen in women physicians, behavioral health professionals, and scientists.
- Identify barriers that prevent these professional women from anticipating and addressing these expected transitions.
- Identify potential sources of institutional and personal support for improving these transitions.
- Create a setting that invites discussion of these topics by professionals approaching the end of their academic careers
- Create a setting that invites all professionals to discuss the professional and personal issues present at their respective stages of work and life.
8:00-8:15 am Registration/Continental Breakfast
8:15-9:30 am Presentation/Q & A
Elizabeth Toll, MD
Professor of Pediatrics, Clinician Educator
Professor of Medicine, Clinician Educator
Alpert Medical School of Brown University
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychologists: The Warren Alpert Medical School is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for Psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program. This activity is approved for 1.25 Category 1 CE Credits. Credits available to RI licensed psychologists only.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.25 APAThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program.
- 1.25 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.