08.02.23 | Dispelling the Myths and Misinformation: What is Gender Affirmative Care?
Jason Rafferty, MD, MPH, EdM
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Physicians, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Physician Assistants, Residents & Fellows.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants should be better able to:
- Recognize the essential aspects of the gender affirmative care model and how it applies to youth and their families
- Appreciate how cumulative trauma and stigma contributes to mental health disparities and ways providers can foster resiliency
- Discuss the importance of family support and ways providers can foster parental understanding and acceptance
This is a live webinar taking place via the Zoom platform.
Advanced pre-registration is required
Provided by the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University in collaboration with the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Social Workers: The above program has been approved in accordance with the Regulations of the Rhode Island Social Work Board of Licensure.
Psychologists: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. This credit is accepted by the Rhode Island Board of Psychology.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.50 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.