Session VI - LTBI Advanced Considerations
E. Jane Carter, MD
Professor of Medicine
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
The Miriam Hospital | Providence, RI
Proposal Review Committee, TB Reach at WHO
TB Technical Committee of the Global Fund Against HIV, TB and Malaria
TB Modeling and Analysis Consortium
- Review LTBI screening and management in special populations such as people living with HIV, persons with chronic liver disease, pregnancy, and patients on TNF alpha inhibitors/biologics
- Consider importance of directly observed therapy for 3HP
- Explain adherence support strategies for complex special populations
- Describe health center strategies for incorporating LTBI screening and management into primary care
The Warren Alpert Medical School is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 1.0 hour AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. This credit is accepted by the AANP and the AAPA.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.