10.04.23 | DPHB October 2023 Grand Rounds - Somos Esenciales/We are Essential: Community-led and Academic Partnered Research for Advancing Mental Health Equity - The Annual Dr. Henrietta Leonard Visiting Professor Academic Grand Rounds
The Annual Dr. Henrietta Leonard Visiting Professor Academic Grand Rounds
Lisa R. Fortuna, MD, MPH, MDiv
Professor and Chair
Department of Psychiatry and Neurosciences
University of California, Riverside, School of Medicine
Physicians, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Physician Assistants, Residents & Fellows.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants should be better able to:
- Consider increasing opportunities for engaging with community in mental health services research and for driving health equity policy
- Describe principles for co-design of mental health innovations, including digital interventions aimed at improving mental health disparities
- Discuss the health equity model for designing mental health services that consider social and structural determinants of mental health
This is a live webinar taking place via the Zoom platform.
Advanced pre-registration is required
Provided by the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University in collaboration with the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Social Workers: The above program has been approved in accordance with the Regulations of the Rhode Island Social Work Board of
Continuing Psychologist Education
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Continuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. Credit Designation: This program offers 1.5 continuing education credits for psychologists.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.50 APAThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program.
- 1.50 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.