05/03/22: NOW VIRTUAL - From Abstract to Poster to Case Report: A guide for clinicians
This session format has changed to a live webinar
This workshop focuses on a case-based demonstration of best practices for writing clinical abstracts, posters, and case reports. Participants will review case selection, patient consent, target conference selection, and examples of successful abstracts. Participants will also review high-quality scholarly posters, and writing tips for each type of scholarly submission.
All faculty and residents are welcome to participate in this live activity.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Identify appropriate cases for publication
- Evaluate target conferences and journals
- Produce high quality clinical vignette abstracts, poster presentations, and case report journal submissions
UPDATE: This course has changed to a live webinar via the Zoom meeting platform. Once you register, you will receive an email with the access link.
Ankur Shah, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Clinician Educator
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Brown Medicine Division of Kidney Disease and Hypertension
Brown Physicians Patient Center
East Providence, RI
21-22 FACULTY DEVELOPMENT OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
Emily Green, PhD, MA (Chair)
Assistant Professor of Medical Science
Assistant Dean for Faculty Development
Gowri Anandarajah, MD
Professor of Family Medicine (Clinical)
Angela Anderson, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Clinical)
Erica Chung, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (Clinical)
Jeffrey Hunt, MD
Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Jennifer Jeremiah, MD
Associate Program Director of Internal Medicine Residencies
Stacey Lawrence, PhD
Associate Director for STEM Initiatives
Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning
Jennifer L. Maloney
Office of Continuing Medical Education
Christopher Merritt, MD
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Rory Merritt, MD
Assistant Dean of Medicine, PLME
Joyce Ou, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Steven Rougas, MD, MS
Director, Doctoring Program
Director, Continuing Medical Education
Sarita Warrier, MD, FACP
Assistant Dean for Medical Education
Physician Continuing Medical Education
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education.
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychologist Continuing Education
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program. This activity is approved for 1.0 Category 1 CE Credits. Credits available to RI licensed psychologists only.
Other Healthcare Providers
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Many other disciplines accept AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM towards re-licensure or recertification. Check with your state licensing board to verify.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 APAThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program.
- 1.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.