Creating an Inclusive Environment: A Requisite for Academic Institutions
Date: Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020
Time: 8:30am Registration, breakfast; 9:00am Opening Remarks
Sponsored by Brown Emergency Medicine/ Brown Physicians Incorporated, we would like to invite you to an upcoming interactive workshop on the topics of implicit bias, diversity, and inclusion in academia with guest speaker Dr. Bernard Lopez, Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion at the Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University. This event is open to faculty, staff, and students affiliated with Brown University and/or Lifespan.
This event is open to clinical faculty, non-clinical faculty, students, residents/ trainees, and staff.
- Define unconscious bias
- Describe the effects of unconscious bias on patient care health disparities
- Define diversity, inclusion and health disparities
- Understand the role of health care providers in a truly inclusive environment
Dr. Bernard Lopez, MD
Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion
Associate Dean, Diversity and Community Engagement
Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
Tracy Madsen, MD, ScM, FACEP
Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
Associate Director, Division of Sex and Gender
ED Director of Acute Stroke Services
Warren Alpert Medical School
Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital | Providence, RI
The Warren Alpert Medical School is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 2.25 hours AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.
- 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 2.25 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.