11/02/20: Looking Into the Future - How to Develop a Medical Education Podcast
The goal of this live workshop is to orient participants on podcasting and editing equipment. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss how to record and edit a podcast on a topic of their choice. The best means by which to disseminate their podcasts will be discussed. Please note: this session requires participants to have live access to a laptop computer with "Audacity" (for Windows) or "Garageband" (for Macs) installed.
This session will demonstrate the application of learning principles and will focus on the Core area of Using Technology in Teaching.
All faculty and residents are welcome to attend these sessions.
After participating in this course, the learner should be better able to:
- Describe the myriad of uses of podcasting within medical education
- Discuss editing and recording a podcast
- Understand how to disseminate your podcast
This is a live webinar hosted via the Zoom Meeting platform.
Once registered, you will receive an email confirmation with Zoom meeting access instructions.
Fei Cai, MD
House Staff Officer in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Faculty Development Oversight Group
Emily Green, PhD, MA (Chair)
Director, Faculty Development
Gowri Anandarajah, MD
Professor of Family Medicine (Clinical)
Angela Anderson, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Clinical)
Erica Chung, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (Clinical)
Luba Dumenco, MD
Assistant Dean for Medical Education
Paul George, MD
Associate Dean for Medical Education
Jeffrey Hunt, MD
Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Jennifer Jeremiah, MD
Associate Program Director of Internal Medicine Residencies
Maurice F. Joyce, MD, EdM
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Stacey Lawrence, PhD
Associate Director for STEM Initiatives
Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning
Coordinator, Continuing Medical Education
Christopher Merritt, MD
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Rory Merritt, MD
Assistant Dean of Medicine, PLME
Joyce Ou, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Steven Rougas, MD, MS
Director, Doctoring Program
Director, Continuing Medical Education
Sarita Warrier, MD, FACP
Assistant Dean for Medical Education
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychologists: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program. This activity is approved for 1.0 Category 1 CE Credits. Credits available to RI licensed psychologists only.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 APAThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program.
- 1.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.