9/23/21: Presentation Basics
Love 'em or hate 'em, your basic didactic presentation isn't going anywhere. If you've been asked to give a lecture or talk, or if you're interested in improving talks that you have already developed, this workshop is for you. We will discuss the basics of high-quality didactics- how to communicate your content, what visuals to include (or delete), and how to make the most of your presentation style.
All faculty and residents are welcome to attend this live webinar.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Identify common mistakes in academic presentations
- Determine best practices in presentation development
- Design high-quality slides
This activity will be taking place live, in person at Warren Alpert Medical School in Lecture Hall 160.
Emily Green, PhD, MA (Chair)
Assistant Professor of Medical Science
Director of Faculty Development
Alpert Medical School of Brown University
21-22 FACULTY DEVELOPMENT OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
Emily Green, PhD, MA (Chair)
Director, Faculty Development
Gowri Anandarajah, MD
Professor of Family Medicine (Clinical)
Angela Anderson, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Clinical)
Erica Chung, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (Clinical)
Jeffrey Hunt, MD
Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Jennifer Jeremiah, MD
Associate Program Director of Internal Medicine Residencies
Stacey Lawrence, PhD
Associate Director for STEM Initiatives
Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning
Jennifer L. Maloney
Office of Continuing Medical Education
Christopher Merritt, MD
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Rory Merritt, MD
Assistant Dean of Medicine, PLME
Joyce Ou, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Steven Rougas, MD, MS
Director, Doctoring Program
Director, Continuing Medical Education
Sarita Warrier, MD, FACP
Assistant Dean for Medical Education
Continuing Medical Education
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education.
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Providers
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Many other disciplines accept AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM towards re-licensure or recertification. Check with your state licensing board to verify.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 APAThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program.
- 1.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.