03.01.23 | Management of Severe Hypertension in the Outpatient Setting
This is a live webinar via Zoom
This webinar will include a review of severe hypertension in the outpatient setting to include: initial evaluation of clinical history, examination as well as other outpatient evaluations and subsequent identifications of high risk individuals that require further evaluation.
Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and other healthcare professionals
After participating in this activity, the learner should be better able to:
- Identify severe hypertension in the outpatient setting
- Review further evaluation of severe hypertension in the outpatient setting including clinical history, physical examination and other testing
- Identify patients at high risk with severe hypertension in the outpatient setting that require further evaluation
- Review ACC/AHA guidelines of hypertension management
This is a live webinar via the Zoom meeting platform. Upon registration, you will receive a Zoom link with access instructions.
Elizabeth Holper, MD MPH
St. Peter's Health
Disclosure: Session planners and faculty have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
Social Workers: An application is pending with the Rhode Island Social Work Board of Licensure.
Other Healthcare Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 1.0 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA, AANP.
Continuing Nursing Education: The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine, Brown University and Integrated Healthcare Partners. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCThis continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited provider by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.