05.10.23 | Same-Day PrEP in RI and Diabetes & Nutrition
This is a live webinar via Zoom
Same-Day PrEP in RI with Dr. Giordano-Perez
This presentation will cover the use of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), a medication that significantly reduces the risk of HIV acquisition. The speaker will provide a comprehensive overview of the PrEP options available in 2023, allowing attendees to educate their colleagues on this innovative HIV prevention technique.By the end of the presentation, attendees will have a thorough understanding of PrEP and be equipped with the knowledge to make informed decisions about using it for HIV prevention.
Diabetes and Nutrition with Dr. Jason Villa,
Diabetes is a chronic condition that affects how your body uses glucose. People with diabetes have difficulty regulating their blood sugar level, which can cause a range of health problems over time.
Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and other healthcare professionals
After participating in this activity, the learner should be better able to:
PrEP Talk Portion:
- Describe what is PrEP
- List clinical, behavioral, and circumstantial risk factors for HIV acquisition
- Educate colleagues on the PrEP options available in 2022
- Identify individuals who would benefit from PrEP
- Educate patients on the contraindications and cost considerations for using PrEP
- State where same-day PrEP is currently available in Rhode Island, including for persons who are uninsured and/or undocumented.
- Explain how to prescribe PrEP
Diabetes & Nutrition Portion:
- Explain how different foods affect blood sugar level
- Recognize the power of making healthy choices to better control their condition
|12:00 - 12:05
|CME Info & Welcome
|Brown CME & Dylan Holm, IHP
|12:05 - 12:35
|Same-Day PrEP in RI
|Wilfredo Giordano-Perez, MD, AAHIVS
|12:35 - 12:55
|Diabetes and Nutrition
|Jason Villa, DMSc, MHS, MS, PA-C
|12:55 - 1:00
This is a live webinar via the Zoom meeting platform. Upon registration, you will receive a Zoom link with access instructions.
Wilfredo Giordano-Perez, MD, AAHIVS
Chief Medical Officer
Tri-County Community Action Agency Health Centers
Medical Director, Tri-County Community Action Agency Health Centers &Integrated Healthcare Partners ACO
Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Dr. Jason Villa, DMSc, MHS, MS, PA-C
Assistant Medical Director
CCAP-Family Health Services
Disclosure: Session planners and faculty have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 1.0 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA, AANP.
Continuing Nursing Education: The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine, Brown University and Integrated Healthcare Partners. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCThis continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited provider by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.