09.06.23 | Emotional Changes with Aging and Neurodegenerative Illness: The False Divide Between Psychiatry and Neurology
Edward Huey, MD
Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Director, Memory and Aging Program
Physicians, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Physician Assistants, Residents & Fellows.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants should be better able to:
- Understand recent developments in neurodegeneration and how they impact psychiatric practice
- Understand what lesion studies teach us about the neuroanatomical bases of emotional processing
- Understand how these findings above can impact the treatment of neuropsychiatric symptoms in neurodegenerative illness
This is a live webinar taking place via the Zoom platform.
Advanced pre-registration is required
Provided by the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University in collaboration with the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Social Workers: The above program has been approved in accordance with the Regulations of the Rhode Island Social Work Board of
Continuing Psychologist Education
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Continuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. Credit Designation: This program offers 1.5 continuing education credits for psychologists.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.50 APAThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program.
- 1.50 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.