12.7.22 | Care Management Best Practices
This is a live webinar via Zoom
Success in value-based care requires developing and implementing best in class care management programs. Understanding the evidence for care management programs will allow IHP participating providers to build on the strengths of their existing programs.
Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and other healthcare professionals
After participating in this activity, the learner should be better able to:
- Identify key Care Management Stakeholders within an Accountable Entity
- Describe and differentiate care coordination, transition management, compliance and utilization management.
- Identify the care management standards of practice and scope of services.
- Define collaboration, accountability, professionalism, and advocacy as they relate to the practice of case management.
- Describe models of successful care management strategies including empanelment and risk stratification.
- Explain the effective use of data warehousing and dashboard tools, and the use of data for continuous quality
This is a live webinar via the Zoom meeting platform. Upon registration, you will receive a Zoom link with access instructions.
Erin Nahrgang, BSN, BA, RN, CCM
Senior Director, ACO Complex Care Management
Boston Medical Center Health System
Toni N. Phelps, MBA
Director, Population Health
Boston Medical Center
Disclosure: Session planners and faculty have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
Social Workers: The above program has been approved in accordance with the Regulations of the Rhode Island Social Work Board of Licensure.
Other Healthcare Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 1.0 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA, AANP.
Continuing Nursing Education: The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine, Brown University and Integrated Healthcare Partners. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCThis continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited provider by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.