2019-2020 Doctoring Small Group Faculty Development Series
Provided by the Department of Medical Education
- Describe the new recommendations and develop systems in practice to increase male vaccination.
- Describe roles and responsibilities of the SBS and MD faculty and students.
- Faculty should be aware of course content and expectations.
- Use the ((ask, tell, ask" and GO GREEN models to provide specific, timely, measurable feedback.
- Use the SHARP model to respond to learner feedback.
- Apply principles of structural awareness to clinical skills training Recognize unconscious bias in clinical precepting.
- Recognize how anchoring bias effects student grading.
- Compare and contrast assessment and evaluation.
- Understand common pitfalls for grading students based on personality and not observable behaviors.
- Apply a structured checklist guide as a teaching tool in small group facilitation.
- Practice providing feedback on difficult topics using role play.
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 13 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 13 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.
- 13.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 13.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.