On-demand: The COVID-19 Pandemic and Healthcare in the US and Globally
Sponsored by the Division of Biology and Medicine and the Brown Office of CME.
This enduring activity is a recording of a live webinar originally presented on April 13, 2020.
Originally presented: April 13, 2020
On-demand Enduring Launched: May 1, 2020
Expires: May 1, 2021
Estimated time to complete: 60 Minutes
There are no prerequisites for participation.
Ashish Jha, MD
Faculty Director, Harvard Global Health Institute
Incoming Dean of the Brown School of Public Health
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION AND HOW TO RECEIVE CME CREDIT
There are no fees for participating in and receiving credit for this activity.
- Review the activity objectives, faculty information, and CME information prior to participating in the activity.
- View the CME presentations
- Complete the CME activity evaluation at the conclusion of the activity in order to receive a credit certificate.
In accordance with the disclosure policy of the Brown University CME Office as well as standards set forth by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), speakers have been asked to disclose any relevant financial relationship with the manufacturers of any commercial products and/or provider of commercial services discussed in any educational presentation and with any commercial supporters or exhibitors of this activity.
The intent of this policy is not to prevent a speaker with a potential conflict of interest from making a presentation but to identified openly so that the listener may form his/her own opinion. Any potential conflicts of interest have been resolved prior to this presentation.
This activity may include discussion of off-label or investigative drugs uses. Speakers are aware that it is their responsibility to disclose to the audience this information. Individual Faculty Disclosure information may be found in the conference handouts.
Faculty Disclosure/Conflict of Interest
The speakers and planners for this activity have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships:
Speakers: Ashish Jha, MD
Planning Committee: Sharon Rounds, MD | Jack A. Elias, MD | Maria Sullivan
Disclaimer: This educational program is designed to present scientific information and opinion to Health professionals, to stimulate thought, and further investigation.
This activity is designed for physicians and researchers on the front lines of patient care and research related to the novel coronavirus and the present pandemic.
- Review the spread of COVID-19 and how it is affecting population health
- State the current impact the COVID-19 US healthcare system
The Warren Alpert Medical School is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Risk Management: This program qualifies for 1. hour CME credit in Risk Management, one of the required areas of section 6.0; 6.2.1 RI CME re-licensure requirements.
Other Healthcare Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 1.0 hour AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. This credit is accepted by the AANP and the AAPA.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.