On-demand: Fostering Resilience During Stress and Trauma
Program Release: May 8, 2020
Expiration Date: May 8, 2021
Estimated time to complete: 60 Minutes
There are no prerequisites for participation.
Nicole Nugent, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics
Associate Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Child Clinical Psychologist, Hasbro Children’s Hospital
Providence, Rhode Island
After completing this activity, participants should be better able to:
1) Describe resilience as a process, rather than a trait
2) Demonstrate knowledge of behaviors that can promote resilience
3) Apply resilience-enhancing strategies using existing treatment frameworks.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION AND HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
There are no fees for participating in and receiving credit for this activity.
- Review the activity objectives, faculty information, and CME information prior to participating in the activity.
- View the CME presentation
- Complete the CME activity evaluation at the conclusion of the activity and then gain immediate access to your certificate
FACULTY DISCLOSURE/CONFLICT OF INTEREST
In accordance with the disclosure policy of the Brown University CME Office as well as standards set forth by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), speakers have been asked to disclose any relevant financial relationship with the manufacturers of any commercial products and/or provider of commercial services discussed in any educational presentation and with any commercial supporters or exhibitors of this activity.
The intent of this policy is not to prevent a speaker with a potential conflict of interest from making a presentation but to identified openly so that the listener may form his/her own opinion. Any potential conflicts of interest have been resolved prior to this presentation.
This activity may include discussion of off-label or investigative drugs uses. Speakers are aware that it is their responsibility to disclose to the audience this information. Individual Faculty Disclosure information may be found in the conference handouts.
The following speakers and planning committee members* have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships:
Nicole Nugent, PhD
Elizabeth McQuaid, PhD*
Disclaimer: This educational program is designed to present scientific information and opinion to Health professionals, to stimulate thought, and further investigation.
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this enduring activity with a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
RI Specific: This program qualifies for CME Credit in Risk Management, one of the required areas of section 6.0; 6.2.1 RI CME re-licensure requirements.
Psychologists: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University has been approved by the Rhode Island Psychological Association to offer continuing education credits for Psychologists. The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University maintains responsibility for the program. This program is approved for 1 Category 1 CE Credits. (Credits available to RI licensed psychologists only).
Continuing Education for Social Workers
This program has been approved in accordance with the Regulations of the Rhode Island Social Work Board of Licensure for 1.0 Credit.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 APAThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program.
- 1.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.