The LIC Preceptor/Student Partnership (2023)
**DELAYED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ***
Sponsored by The Office of Medical Education, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
The Primary Care-Population Medicine program at the Alpert Medical School of Brown University educates students on the social and health needs of an underserved population. This session will present ways in which LIC preceptors may partner with LIC students to support LIC preceptors more fully in providing excellent care to their patients.
This educational initiative is for LIC preceptors to enable them to more effectively partner with their LIC students and support their patients.
After participating in this educational initiative, the learner should be better able to:
- Describe what students learn about social determinants of health as it applies to students serving as an intervisit patient advocate
- Facilitate continuity of care for patients in between outpatient visits by giving students increased responsibility over the course of the year, especially for their panel of patients
- Practice strategies for writing comprehensive student evaluations
5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Arrival and Dinner
6:00 p.m. – 6:05 p.m. Welcome by Meghan Geary and Sarita Warrier
6:05 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Presentation of the LIC Preceptor/Student Partnership
7:00 p.m. – 7:25 p.m. Presentation on teaching the Longitudinal Student
7:25 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Wrap up
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Medical Science
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All Other Attendees can receive a certificate of attendance.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.50 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.