Lung Cancer Screening Update 2020
Program Release: May 29, 2020
Expiration Date: November 29, 2020
Estimated time to complete: 60 Minutes
There are no prerequisites for participation.
Matthew Jankowich, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Warren Alpert Medical School
Co-Director of the Pulmonary Hypertension clinic
Providence VA Medical Center | Providence, RI
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Residents & Fellows.
- Discuss recent lung cancer screening clinical trial data, including long-term outcomes of screening
- Evaluate data on lung cancer overdiagnosis and on potential sex differences in screening benefits
- Summarize data from lung cancer screening implementation studies
Method of Participation and How to Receive CME Credit
There are no fees for participating in and receiving credit for this activity.
- Review the activity objectives, faculty information, and CME information prior to participating in the activity.
- View the CME presentations
- Complete the CME activity evaluation at the conclusion of the activity in order to receive a credit certificate.
In accordance with the disclosure policy of the Brown University CME Office as well as standards set forth by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), speakers have been asked to disclose any relevant financial relationship with the manufacturers of any commercial products and/or provider of commercial services discussed in any educational presentation and with any commercial supporters or exhibitors of this activity.
The intent of this policy is not to prevent a speaker with a potential conflict of interest from making a presentation but to identified openly so that the listener may form his/her own opinion. Any potential conflicts of interest have been resolved prior to this presentation.
This activity may include discussion of off-label or investigative drugs uses. Speakers are aware that it is their responsibility to disclose to the audience this information. Individual Faculty Disclosure information may be found in the conference handouts.
Faculty Disclosure/Conflict of Interest
The following planning committee members* have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships:
Eric Gartman, MD*
Matthew Jankowich, MD
Douglas Martin, MD*
Maria Sullivan, BS*
Disclaimer: This educational program is designed to present scientific information and opinion to Health professionals, to stimulate thought, and further investigation.
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 0.75 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.75 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.