On-demand | Public Health Out Loud Event
Program Release: July 12, 2023
Expiration Date: July 12, 2024
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
There are no prerequisites for participation
Jointly provided by the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and the Rhode Island Department of Health
This activity is designed for Rhode Island based physicians, nurses, psychologists, and social workers.
After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Describe newest CDC guidelines related to COVID-19
- Implement Hepatitis C elimination efforts in their practice
- Describe the most recent sexually transmitted infection statistics in Rhode Island and how this impacts their patients
- Become aware of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program and how it can be leveraged in their practice
- Gain new skills in the clinical management of opioid use disorders
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION AND HOW TO RECEIVE CME CREDIT
- Review the activity objectives, faculty information, and CME information prior to participating in the activity.
- View the CME presentations
- Complete the posttest
- Complete the activity evaluation at the conclusion of the activity in order to receive a credit certificate.
In accordance with the disclosure policy of the Brown University CME Office as well as standards set forth by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), speakers have been asked to disclose any relevant financial relationship with the manufacturers of any commercial products and/or provider of commercial services discussed in any educational presentation and with any commercial supporters or exhibitors of this activity. The intent of this policy is not to prevent a speaker with a potential conflict of interest from making a presentation but to identified openly so that the listener may form his/her own opinion. Any potential conflicts of interest have been mitigated prior to this presentation.
Faculty Disclosure/Conflict of Interest
The following speakers and planning committee members* have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships:
Disclaimer: This educational program is designed to present scientific information and opinion to Health professionals, to stimulate thought, and further investigation.
COVID-19, Where We Are and Where We Go from Here: Overview of How We Did, Wastewater Surveillance, Sentinel Sites, And the Newest CDC Guidelines
Dr. Suzanne Bornschein, MD;
Sarah Bowman, MPH
Dr. Cheston Cunha, MD
Eliminating Hepatitis C in Rhode Island
Dr. Philip A. Chan, MD
Clinical Update on Sexually Transmitted Infections
Thomas E. Bertrand, Epidemiologist;
Michaela Maynard, MPH, MSN, NP-C, WHNP-BC
Clinical Management of Opioid Use Disorders
Dr. Justin Berk, MD
Dr. Philip A. Chan, MD; Dr. Suzanne Bornschein, MD
Medical Director, COVID-19 Unit
Rhode Island Department of Health
Associate Professor of Medicine
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Director, Office of CME
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and the Rhode Island Department of Health. The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education.
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education for Social Workers
The above program has been approved in accordance with the Regulations of the Rhode Island Social Work Board of Licensure
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Continuing Nursing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 4 contact hours.
Continuing Psychologist Education
Continuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibility for the content of the programs.
- Credit Designation | This program offers 4 continuing education credit for psychologists.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 4.00 ANCCThis continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited provider by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- 4.00 APAThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program.
- 4.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.