03.01.23 | Innovations in the Treatment of PTSD
Barbara O. Rothbaum, Ph.D., ABPP
Professor in Psychiatry
Director, Emory Healthcare Veterans Program
Director, Trauma and Anxiety Recovery Program
Paul A. Janssen Chair in Neuropsychopharmacology
Associate Vice Chair of Clinical Research
Emory University School of Medicine
Physicians, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Physician Assistants, Residents & Fellows.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants should be better able to:
- Outline various treatments for Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), including the description and rationale for treatment as well as available data on its efficacy
- State interventions will include pharmacotherapy, psychotherapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT);
- Explain specific CBT techniques for PTSD including prolonged exposure and virtual reality exposure therapy
- List the basics of these interventions and their relative efficacy with PTSD and comorbidities such as mood disorders
This is a live webinar taking place via the Zoom platform.
Advanced pre-registration is required
Provided by the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University in collaboration with the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Social Workers: The above program has been approved in accordance with the Regulations of the Rhode Island Social Work Board of Licensure.
Continuing Psychologist Education: Continuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibility for the content of the programs.
This program offers 1 continuing education credit for psychologists.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine, Brown University and Integrated Healthcare Partners. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.50 APAThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program.
- 1.50 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.