05.03.23 | Pivoting: Responding to the Mental Health Needs of Youth of Color with Technology
The 25th Annual David H. Barlow Oration Academic Grand Rounds*
Riana Elyse Anderson, Ph.D., LCP
Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral and Social Sciences
Physicians, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Physician Assistants, Residents & Fellows.
After participating in this session, the learner should be better able to:
- Explore racial stress and coping theories
- Practice stress-reducing coping practices
- Identify strategies to heal from racial stress and trauma
- Apply strategies to treat clients experiencing racial stress and trauma
- Discuss advanced tools to treat the mental health effects from discrimination
This is a live webinar taking place via the Zoom platform.
Advanced pre-registration is required
Provided by the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University in collaboration with the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits()TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Psychologist Education
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Continuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. Credit Designation: This program offers 1.5 continuing education credits for psychologists.
Social Workers: The above program has been approved in accordance with the Regulations of the Rhode Island Social Work Board of Licensure.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.50 APAThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is approved by the RI Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Alpert Medical School maintains responsibility for the program.
- 1.50 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.