10.06.22 OWIMS Book Club (Session II- Zoom option): Crucial Conversations
This event will take place live, virtual via Zoom
Having “crucial conversations” can seem impossible – whether it is a hot-button issue like politics or a mundane scheduling conflict. This book includes case studies that exemplify strategies for maintaining flexibility, resolving disagreements, and avoiding raging arguments in favor of civil conversations.
This session is open to all faculty, staff and trainees.
After participating in this event, learners should be better able to:
1. Practice turning a disagreement into dialogue by speaking up candidly, respectfully, and quickly
2. Resolve common workplace issues such as poor performance and mismatched expectations
3. Design and implement strategies for initiatives that require behavioral change
|5:30 - 7 pm||Book Discussion|
This is a live virtual event via Zoom
Discussion led by:
Katherine Sharkey, MD, PhD (Chair)
Assistant Dean for Women in Medicine and Science
Associate Professor of Medicine
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Office of Women in Medicine & Science
Coordinator, Brown Office of CME
Director, Brown Office of CME
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychologists: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 1.5 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. This credit is accepted by the Rhode Island Board of Psychology.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.50 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.