9.19.23 Leadership and Advocacy: My Journey from Med School to RI Med Society President
Please join Office of Women in Medicine & Science for a live in person event.
This event will take place live, in person at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Join Dr. Heather Smith, Renowned Women's Health Advocate, and Future Medical Leader, as she reveals the dynamics behind gender disparities in healthcare. Explore her journey to influential healthcare policy leadership and gain invaluable insights into driving policy shifts for equitable health and wellbeing. A must-attend presentation for women physicians, healthcare professionals, and advocates aiming to make a transformative impact on state and national health policies.
This session is open to all faculty, staff and trainees.
After participating in this event, learners should be better able to:
1. Describe different forms of health care advocacy
2. Discuss the importance of physician-led advocacy
3. Explore ways to get involved with physician advocacy in RI
4. Review opportunities for leadership in the health policy arena
|Refreshments and Check-In||4:30-4:45 PM|
|Lecture & discussion||4:45-6 PM|
This is a live in-person event taking place at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Room 170
Heather A. Smith, MD, MPH, FACOG
Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Educator, and Leader in Women’s Health Advocacy
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinician Educator
Katherine Sharkey, MD, Ph.D. (Chair)
Assistant Dean for Women in Medicine and Science
Associate Professor of Medicine
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Office of Women in Medicine & Science
Assistant Director, Brown Office of CME
Director, Brown Office of CME
Warren Alpert Medical School
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All Other Health Care Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 1.25 hour AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.25 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.