Additional Resources & Acknowledgements
Antiracism Suggested Resources
History of Race
- Would you like to learn more about the history of the concept of race? Consider listening to this hour-long podcast. for more in-depth learning.
Racism in Medical Education
- Consider listening to Dr. Jennifer Tsai's 30-minute podcast "It's Time to Talk About Racism in Medical Education."
- Article on medical student mistreatment
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack. In the work, Dr. McIntosh says, "White privilege is like an invisible knapsack of special provisions." As you read the article, ask yourself, what do they mean by that?
- Review this excellent podcast from The Cribsiders. In this episode, two Alpert Medical School professors and physicians, Dr. Pat Poitevien and Dr. Justin Berk, discuss race-based medicine and an approach to existing race-based guidelines.”
- See this helpful resource for ways to identify and respond to microaggressions