Module 3 - Evidence Collection, Documentation and Maintaining Chain of Evidence
Module 3 provides an overview of the process for sexual assault evidence collection, documentation, and maintaining a chain of evidence.
The estimated time to complete module 3 is 2 hours, 45 minutes
At the conclusion of this module, the learner should be better able to:
- Assess the differences between the medical exam and forensic exam
- Demonstrate the process and procedures for collecting forensic evidence using the Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit (SAECK)
- Describe the proper methods for written and photo documentation within the SAECK and the medical record.
- Identify the steps for maintaining chain of evidence with all specimens during the acute care visit
Lori Clements, RN, BSN, SANE
Nurse Payer Liaison, Utilization Review
Rhode Island Hospital | Providence, RI
Susan Duffy, MD, MPH
Professor of Emergency Medicine, Professor of Pediatrics
Vice Chair, Academic Faculty Affairs
Department of Emergency Medicine
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Director, Fast Track and Nurse Practitioner Programs
Hasbro Children's Hospital | Providence, RI
The Warren Alpert Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. This credit is accepted by the AANP, AAPA, RI Pharmacy, and RI Psychologist re-licensure.
- 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 2.75 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.