Module 4 - Acute Treatment of Sexual Assault Patients in the Emergency Department or Acute Care Setting
Module 4 will provide an overview of the medical presentation and care of survivors of sexual assault.
The estimated time to complete module 4 is 1 hour
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to :
- Determine the appropriate patient testing and prophylactic medical treatments for preventing gonorrhea, chlamydia, and trichomonas
- Review the process for assessing risk for HIV exposure and outline the medication regimens for HIV post-exposure prophylaxis
- List the medical treatment options for pregnancy prophylaxis
- Describe the appropriate process for evaluating patients for the need for HPV and hepatitis B vaccinations
Erica Hardy, MD, MMSc
Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Director, Division of Infectious Disease, Care New England
Director, Reproductive Infectious Disease, Women & Infants Hospital
Director, Fast Track and Nurse Practitioner Programs
Hasbro Children's Hospital
The Warren Alpert Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 1.0 hour AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. This credit is accepted by the AANP, AAPA, RI Pharmacy and RI Psychologist re-licensure.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.