Module 6 - Medical Follow Up after Sexual Assault
Module 6 provides an overview of the medical presentations and care of survivors of sexual assault.
The estimated time to complete module 6 is 47 minutes.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Recognize common reactions to trauma
- State several ways to support a person who has experienced sexual assault
- Outline what occurs in follow up visit and beyond
Tyler Grimes, LMSC
Erica Hardy, MD, MMSc
Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, and Obstetrics and Gynecology
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Director, Infectious Disease, Care New England
Director, SAFE Clinic (Sexual Assault Follow Up Clinic), Women & Infants Hospital
Director, Fast Track and Nurse Practitioner Programs, Hasbro Children's Hospital
The Warren Alpert Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this enduring material for a maximum of .75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for .75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. This credit is accepted by the AANP, AAPA, RI Pharmacy and RI Psychologist re-licensure.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.75 AttendanceParticipants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. This credit is accepted by the AAPA and AANP.