2022 - 2023 Emergency Medicine Grand Rounds
The Department of Emergency Medicine Grand Round series provides access to experts in clinical care, teaching, and research. It is an opportunity to engage with the leading voices in emergency medicine on a broad range of topics including clinical care, research, education and advocacy. Topics will include:
- Areas of resuscitation and critical care where management of trauma or septic patients is variable and time-sensitive,
- Bench to the bedside application of current research findings,
- Improving patient satisfaction
- Improving interprofessional communication,
- Role modeling and efficiency in bedside teaching
- Physician leadership,
- Health systems & health policy, and
- Faculty development topics
This educational initiative is designed for Rhode Island primary care physicians, physician specialists, pediatric physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, medical students, residents and fellows caring for patients in the emergency medicine setting.
After participating in the 22/23 grand rounds series, the learner should be better able to:
1. Apply current, evidence-based information to improve patient care in the emergency department
2. Incorporate advanced teaching skills and identify areas for personal growth as a clinical educator
3. Analyze and explain clinically relevant research in the recent medical literature
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.